Click HERE for a list of the 2014 Best Fiction Books for Young Adults as outlined by YALSA (Young Adult Library Services Association).
RESEARCH AND REFERENCE RESOURCES
Charlotte County Public Libraries
READING INTEREST SITES
Florida Teens Read
If you read a book you liked and want to know more about the author and other books they've written, click HERE.
PORT CHARLOTTE HIGH SCHOOL
18200 Cochran Blvd.
Port Charlotte, FL 33948
(941) 255-7485, ext. 3005
WANT TO ACCESS THE PCHS MEDIA CENTER RESOURCES FROM HOME?
The PCHS Destiny Catalog is now available from outside of school on any device that has internet access.
You can search for library books, search for e-books, create lists, see what you have checked out, see when your books are due, see what fines you owe, and more.
To access Destiny, click HERE, and click on Port Charlotte High School.
Log in - your USERNAME is your 8-digit school ID number,
and your PASSWORD is your last name, first initial (ex. monckd).
E-BOOKS and ONLINE DATABASES ARE HERE!
The PCHS Library now has almost 2000 e-books for you to read online or on your smartphones, tablets, laptops/computers, and other devices, as well as several online databases to access information. Click on the icons below to download instructions on how to access these resources. Feel free to see Mrs. Monck or Mrs. Horst in the Media Center for more information.
WE ALSO HAVE KINDLE TOUCHES AVAILABLE FOR CHECKOUT!!!
We now have three Kindle Touches with almost 200 books downloaded for your reading pleasure! Please check with the media staff for information and procedures for checking out one of these Kindle Touches!
ABOUT THE PCHS MEDIA CENTER
The Mission of the Port Charlotte High School Media Center is to encourage our students to develop a love of reading, to appreciate the many kinds of literature available, and to ensure that students become effective users of ideas and information. We aim to provide a comprehensive program of service, print and non-print materials, equipment and technology that will help meet the students' academic and leisure needs. Our resources and instruction support the educational goals of Port Charlotte High School.
POLICIES FOR PCHS STUDENTS:
* We are open from 7:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. each school day.
* Students may have up to 5 library books checked out at a time.
* Books are due back after 15 school days, but can be renewed once if needed longer.
* Each overdue book accrues a fine of 5 cents a day until the book is returned.
* If a student has an overdue book, they cannot checkout another book until the overdue item is returned.
* Computer usage is a privilege, not a right. The district's Acceptable Use guidelines must be followed -
any infractions will result in computer privileges being revoked.
* Photocopying is available for 10 cents a page.
* Printing in black and white from the laser printer is 10 cents a page; printing from a color inkjet is 50 cents a page.
* Students must obtain a library pass from their teacher to come to the media center during the school day.