PORT CHARLOTTE HIGH SCHOOL
18200 Cochran Blvd.
Port Charlotte, FL 33948
(941) 255-7485, ext. 3005
E-BOOKS ARE HERE!
The PCHS Library now has almost 500 e-books for you to read online or on your smart-devices!
Click this link to go to our new e-book website, FOLLETSHELF, and browse our collection.
Your Username and Password are your 8-digit student ID number.
Please see Mrs. Monck or Mrs. Horst in the Media Center for more details.
WE ALSO HAVE KINDLE TOUCHES AVAILABLE FOR CHECKOUT!!!
We now have three Kindle Touches with almost 200 books downloaded for your reading pleasure! Please check with the media staff for information and procedures for checking out one of these Kindle Touches! Here's a listing of what's currently available on the Kindles:
ABOUT THE PCHS MEDIA CENTER
The Mission of the Port Charlotte High School Media Center is to encourage our students to develop a love of reading, to appreciate the many kinds of literature available, and to ensure that students become effective users of ideas and information. We aim to provide a comprehensive program of service, print and non-print materials, equipment and technology that will help meet the students' academic and leisure needs. Our resources and instruction support the educational goals of Port Charlotte High School.
POLICIES FOR PCHS STUDENTS:
* We are open from 7:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. each school day.
* Students may have up to 5 library books checked out at a time.
* Books are due back after 15 school days, but can be renewed once if needed longer.
* Each overdue book accrues a fine of 5 cents a day until the book is returned.
* If a student has an overdue book, they cannot checkout another book until the overdue item is returned.
* Computer usage is a privilege, not a right. The district's Acceptable Use guidelines must be followed -
any infractions will result in computer privileges being revoked.
* Photocopying is available for 10 cents a page.
* Printing in black and white from the laser printer is 10 cents a page; printing from a color inkjet is 50 cents a page.
* Students must obtain a library pass from their teacher to come to the media center during the school day.